Catch everyone’s eye with a well-kept jute bag
L'Jute bags fibres are definitely the tall dark handsome and strong types, but do require a little care. Follow these tips to keep your jute bag looking good as new.
Caring for your L'Jute bag
Since jute is a fabric that maintains humidity, it will protect your personal belongings in any weather. Jute is also neutral with the environment, so it’s ideal for outside activities. These bags will definitely be your best companion anytime and anywhere you choose to take yours.
Using your L'Jute bag
To make sure your relationship with your bag stands the test of time (think Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, not Tom Cruise and…..anyone), follow these care tips:
- Even though jute is a resistant fibre, you should avoid overloading your bag. If the straps are straining, back off a little my friend!
- Make sure any sharp object you carry inside your bag is protected to prevent damage to the fabric.
- We recommend putting any object that could cause a stain inside a plastic bag, before placing it inside your jute bag.
- Jute doesn’t react well to being saturated with water, so please try to avoid romantic frolics in the rain with your bag. You can clean any spills with a damp cloth.
Cleaning your L'Jute bag
To make sure your bag lasts longer, make sure you follow these tips:
- It is not recommended to wash your bag. Instead, gently use a sponge dipped in lukewarm water and liquid detergent to clean it.
- To remove stains, lightly sponge any visible spots off the surface.
- You can wash the bag handles with a mild handwash soap and cold water.
Drying or removing odours from your L'Jute bag
- Let your bag dry in open air. Put it between two towels, away from direct sunlight.
- If you just want to remove odours, use baking soda. Leave the bag on a flat surface and sprinkle the baking soda on top, avoiding the logo print. Leave it in a dry spot to do its magic for two days, then shake it off.
Storing your L'Jute bag
Keep your bag clean and safe. Make sure you keep in mind these easy steps:
- Once you’ve cleaned your bag and allowed it to dry, store it away from direct sunlight at room temperature.
- Make sure it’s kept in a cool dry place, where the fabric won’t sweat and produce mould.
- If possible, place your jute bag inside a soft fabric envelope to prevent any damage.
- Remember to remove all items from your bag, before putting it away.
- Do not fold or bend the bag as it will lose its shape.